Canada give lots of value to keeping families together. Applicants can sponsor their parents or grandparents as a Canadian citizen or permanent resident under Canada’s family sponsorship category.
Eligibility For Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship:
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must meet or exceed the minimum necessary income (MNI) requirement for Family Sponsorship
- Must sign an undertaking agreement that commits you to provide financial support for your sponsored parents or grandparents and repay any provincial social assistance benefits paid to the sponsored family members for 20 years.
- If sponsor lives in Quebec then an additional undertaking agreement must be signed with the province