Hi, How Can We Help You?
  • Innovative & custom made immigration solutions based on your needs.

Sponsorship | Spouse, Common-law, or Conjugal Partner

Applicant may be eligible to sponsor their spouse, common-law, or conjugal partner for Canadian permanent residence.  Their Spouse, Common-law, or Conjugal Partner  could be living in Canada with a valid temporary visa or residing abroad.

Both you and your spouse must be approved by the government body of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Eligibility For Spousal Sponsorship:

Applicant must meet the following requirements to be eligible to sponsor spouse:

  • Be of 18 years or older
  • Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or a registered Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
  • Reside in Canada or intend to live in Canada after your spouse is granted permanent residency
  • Financially support your spouse for 3 years

Types Of spousal or Common-law Sponsorship Applications

There are two types of spousal or common-law sponsorship applications:

  • Inland: The application can be made from within Canada because the person you wish to sponsor is currently in Canada.
  • Outland: The application is made from abroad through an Embassy or Consulate.