Hi, How Can We Help You?
  • Innovative & custom made immigration solutions based on your needs.

Work Permit Options for IT Workers

The Information Technology (IT) field in Canada is growing very fast and Canada need experienced workers in this field. There is a high demand for IT workers in Canada. The government has initiated certain programs that make it easier for foreign IT workers to acquire a work permit in Canada.

There are a few immigration programs available for IT workers to work in Canada as temporary residents.

  • Global Talent Stream LMIA
  • Intra-Company Transferee to Canada

The Global Talent Stream (GTS) is for employers who wish to hire highly qualified and experienced professionals.

The Intra-Company Transfer Program allows an international business with a parent, subsidiary, branch or an affiliate of that enterprise in Canada to bring an executive, senior manager or an employee with specialized knowledge to Canada on a temporary work permit.

Inland Spousal Sponsorship Open Work Permit:
The Inland Spousal Sponsorship Open Work Permit is for the spouses of Canadian citizens or permanent residents.

Applicant must have a valid temporary residence permit and an application for permanent residency under process to be eligible to apply.

Bridging Open Work Permit:
Applicants may be eligible to apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) if they have already applied for permanent residency under the Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, Canadian Experience Class Program, Provincial Nominee Program, Agri-Food Pilot, Home Child-Care Provider Pilot or the Home Support Worker Pilot Programs.

It is an open work permit, which allows you to continue to work while your permanent residency application is in process.